dimarts, 17 de març del 2009

Jeffrey Lewis, ara també a The Guardian

Introducing ... Jeffrey Lewis TV!

The anti-folk troubadour introduces his new DIY video series, featuring comic book illustrations and special guests

Link to this video

Hi, this is Jeffrey Lewis, happy to be presenting the new Jeffrey Lewis and the News video series for guardian.co.uk/music!

Each short episode will feature at least two sections, one of which will be "The News", my weekly 10-second news roundup in illustrated limericks or other sung/drawn forms.

The other regular feature of each episode will be "Jeffrey Lewis and ...", which will consist of me doing various songs, whether covers or originals, in collaboration with a smattering of whatever talented folks I can rope into performing with me. The first episode (above) has footage of the wonderful Laura Marling joining me for an interpretation of Eminem's Brain Damage. Forthcoming guests will include French indie heroes Herman Dune, London's rising star Johnny Flynn, and many more. I may even think of other stuff to include, as I'll be touring America, Australia and the UK over the next few weeks, so I have no idea who I may encounter for future episodes. Enjoy!